FORAX is a european organization, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all FORAX-owned websites and those of our wholly owned subsidiaries.
FORAX and its subsidiaries respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you of :
1. collection of personal information
2. how we use that information
3. how we share that information
4. children’s policy
5. your choices
6. access to and accuracy of your information
8. changes to this policy
9. contact us
10. your consent
1. Collection of personal information
FORAX collects, processes and uses the personal information that you have entered to serve you and personalize your experience and interaction with FORAX. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where applicable.
FORAX collects personal information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
- apply now / account registration / creation of customs forms
- information requests
The types of personal information you provide to us may include:
- contact information, such as your organisation, name, address, telephone number, and email address
- financial information, such as your bank info required for SEPA DD
- other unique information such as vehicle information, fuel type, user IDs and passwords
In addition to the information you provide, FORAX collects information during your visit to a FORAX website, or a website “powered by” another company on behalf of FORAX, through cookies and pixels. These tools collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier, clickstream behavior (i.e. the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with FORAX websites or “powered by” websites) and product information. FORAX may also use some of these tools in connection with certain emails and communications sent from FORAX and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
The following sections provide additional information about above mentioned commonly-used web technology tools such as cookies and pixels.
A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer’s hard drive. FORAX or its service providers send cookies when you surf our site or sites where our ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. Accepting the cookies used on our site, sites that are “powered by” another company on FORAX’s behalf, or sites where our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience.
FORAX uses the following cookies:
|Cookie name and/or ID||Which party stores the cookie?||Cookie content||What is the purpose of the cookie?||What happens when you don’t accept the cookie?||How long does the cookie remain active?|
|Session cookie PHPSESSID||forax.eu||Anonymous (random id)||saving domain-dependant settings and in-form entered data for use on the following page||forax.eu doesn’t function||until closure of your bowser or 30 minutes after the end of your visit|
|language choice / _icl_current_language||forax.eu||en / fr||Remember your language so that you do not need choose it each time you visit forax.eu||You’ll have to choose your language with every visit of forax.eu||24 hours|
|My account login / wordpress_logged_in_(user-id)||forax.eu||Anonymous (encrypted email address)||Remember your login data so that you do not need to enter them again each time you visit forax.eu||You’ll have to enter your user id and password with every visit of forax.eu||14 days|
|Performance improving & analyse|
|Google Analytics||forax.eu||Anonymous (IP adres, not combined with other data)||Analyse how forax.eu is used and with that information improve the user experience of the website||Analysing how forax.eu is used and then improving the user experience will not be possible||max 2 years|
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm
- Mozilla Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/psm/help_21/using_priv_help.html
2. How we use your information
The information FORAX collects to understand your needs and interests helps FORAX deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, FORAX may use your information to
- assist you in completing a registration or order
- prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
- communicate with you about products, service and support
- measure performance of marketing initiatives, ads
- allow you to participate in contests and surveys
- If you do not want to be contacted by Forax you can unsuscribe from newsletters
3. How we share your information
FORAX will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others except as described in below points:
- FORAX retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services and customer solutions and to assist FORAX with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, providers of customer support and live-help, marketing, email service providers and automated data processors. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of FORAX and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for FORAX.
- FORAX will require the export of your personal information to other FORAX-owned business entities in Europe in accordance with this Statement to satisfy your request. Such export is a requirement of providing the information to FORAX.
- Except as described in this Statement, FORAX will not share the personal information you provide to FORAX with non-FORAX third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iv) enforce/protect the rights and properties of FORAX or its subsidiaries; or (v) protect the rights or personal safety of FORAX employees and third parties on or using FORAX property.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, FORAX decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is FORAX’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
4. Children’s privacy
FORAX is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
5. Your choices
This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, driver updates, or other administrative and transactional notices as the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature. Subscription communications include email newsletters, etc. You may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email subscription communication.
- Write to the FORAX. Be sure to provide your name, relevant contact information, and specific relevant information about the FORAX subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving certain subscription communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from FORAX where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
6. Access to and accuracy of your information
FORAX strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. FORAX provides individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to FORAX and the reasonable ability to review and ask for correction, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to FORAX please contact FORAX.
FORAX takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, FORAX utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. FORAX retains data only as required or permitted by local law and while it has a legitimate business purpose.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information such as bank account information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as bank account number or password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
8. Changes to this policy
If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our statement, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our corporate website and/or social media pages.
9. Contact us
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our Privacy Statement, please send them to FORAX at the following address:
SA FORAX NV
Rev. February 2016
10. Your consent